School Assembly Hears about Sports for Champions

Head of School Mr Jukes welcomed all pupils back to Lansdowne for the first assembly of the new teaching year. A special mention was made to the three new Year 7 classes that we have welcomed into our school community this September.

Mr Jukes explained that one of the early highlights in our school year will be to welcome the local athlete Ezekiel Ewulo into our school. This is part of the Sports for Champions project.

The aim is for athletes to offer coaching skills to students, who in return help with a fundraising effort. Sponsorship forms are being handed out. 60% of the money raised will go towards buying new sports equipment at Lansdowne. The remaining 40% will benefit Ezekiel with his training programme.

We are looking forward to welcoming Ezekiel into our school on 21st September. All pupils will get the chance to train with the long jump star. A Questions and Answers session will also take place. Students raising sponsorship targets will be rewarded with a prize.

The assembly then heard a couple of songs from the Lansdowne School Choir. The students have had one rehearsal since returning after the summer break.

I Feel Good and Jump were both performed. The words for the songs were displayed to help the new Year 7 students. We hope to see many of these attending the Choir rehearsals that take place every Thursday morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.